The Magic | Personal Lifestyle Changes
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
- Roald Dahl
I first purchased the book, The Magic - one of the spinoff books to Rhonda Byrne's The Secret, back in 2014 when I was actively practicing the Law of Attraction to aid me in recovery journey.
I'll admit, once school started back up and I was attending my last year of Journalism, I stopped journalling all together, but for a while it did really help. The Magic is an interactive self-help book, illustrating a 28-day journey, full of thought provoking questions to further your appreciation and gratitude.
I wanted to start the whole 28-days over again, as I am dealing with a bit of added stress in my life pertaining to health + skin issues. I figured that, along with a big diet and lifestyle change, this practice could really do me some good - especially if it will help with my self-esteem.
For the first day, here is the magic practice:
1. First thing in the morning, make a list of 10 things you are grateful for.
2. Write why you are grateful for each blessing.
3. Go back and read or list, either in your mind or out loud. When you get to the end of each one, say the magic words, thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel the gratitude for that blessing as much as you possibly can.
4. Repeat the first three steps of this magical practice every morning for the next 27 days.
5. Read tomorrow's magical practice today.
Here is my list:
1. My Family - I am grateful for my family, especially my mom as mothers day has just passed. I was able to catch up with my parents on Sunday over coffee, which was great.
2. My boyfriend - I consider myself an incredibly lucky person to be with someone I have such a great time with. He also puts up with me.
3. My home - I am grateful for the roof over my head and the fact that I don't have that much carpet to vacuum.
4. My job - I am lucky to have a steady job with a steady income that allows me to maintain my current lifestyle.
5. My friends - This year I have been lucky to see my friends more often. I have gained some new friends in the town I barely had any. I am very grateful they share the same interests and morals as I do.
6. Dogs - Because, obviously.
7. Netflix - Riverdale series finale.. you were awesome.
8. Sunshine - The weather the past couple of months has been horrible. Last week it was 5 degrees, tomorrow it will be 29. I am incredibly confused, but grateful the warmth and sunshine has come my way.
9. Exercise - In February I started back up at the gym and I have been feeling amazing. Despite my newly recognized skin condition, I can feel my body confidence growing.
10. Canada - I think this year, more than ever, it's incredibly apparent to me that I live in a great country. I am grateful to be free and proud of my heritage.
Have you ever read the magic? What are you grateful for today?